November 11, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Seattle businesses giving freebies to vets today
A handful of Seattle businesses, mostly restaurants, are showing their respect for local veterans in a particularly appealing way in this economy: free stuff. Below is a list of the items we know about:
- Dick’s Drive In: Local veterans and military members get free hamburgers and cheeseburgers starting at 10:30 a.m. until closing.
- Applebee’s: As part of their “Thank You Movement,” Applebee’s chain is giving veterans and active duty free meals today.
- Brown Bear Car Wash: At all locations in Western Washington, veterans get a free car wash.
- Massage Envy: Veterans get free massages today at any location, but an appointment is required as there are limited slots. Make a reservation on their website and see all locations near Seattle.
- Flying Apron bakery in Seattle and Redmond: They’re offering a free coffee and muffin (or cookie) to any active or retired military personnel all day
According to our news partners at Queen Anne View, some Queen Anne restaurants and cafes will be serving meals on the house for all veterans:
- Queen Anne Cafe: Free meal for veterans
- Tenoch Mexican Grill: Free meal for veterans. (QA location only)
- La Luna: Free meal for veterans. Make sure you make a s’more on their fire table, too.
- Olympia Pizza & Spaghetti House: Free meal for veterans
- El Diablo: Free coffee for veterans
- Pinka Bella Cupcakes: Free cupcake for veterans
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers