December 22, 2011 at 7:39 PM
For the Christmas holiday, some businesses and most public services will keep limited hours over the weekend. A list of what’s open and closed from Saturday, Dec. 24, through Monday, Dec. 26:
- Parking rates in Seattle are unchanged Saturday but parking is free Sunday and Monday.
- All state liquor stores are open Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed Sunday. Most are open Monday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For a list of stores open Monday, go to bit.ly/sg1qMo.
- Garbage and recycling pickup schedules in Seattle, Bellevue and many other municipalities are unchanged. Customers who subscribe to curbside food- and yard-waste pickup services in Seattle can include Christmas trees and greens to be hauled away for free from Dec. 26 to Jan. 8.
- Metro bus routes will operate on reduced Sunday service hours from Sunday, Dec. 25, through Friday, Dec. 30. For more information, go to 1.usa.gov/tCuJzN.
- Washington state ferry routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton and Point Defiance-Tahlequah will operate on reduced holiday/weekend schedules Monday.
- Most banks and credit unions will be closed Monday in observance of the federal holiday.
- Post offices are closed Monday in observance of the federal holiday.
- Some grocery stores are open on limited hours Christmas Day. For QFC stores open on Christmas, go to bit.ly/fmB56U. Some Safeway stores will be open; call individual stores for details
- Seattle park hours are unchanged for the holidays, but community centers are closed Monday.
- The Victoria Clipper is doubling its trips to Victoria between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.