Weather: Could get nasty tomorrow. Weather service says wind, rain and snow showers here and a whole lot of snow in the mountains. Rain and snow showers here Sunday, too. But then it could be mostly sunny on Monday. What’s up with that? The National Weather Service forecasts.
Traffic: The map and cams.
A car went into the water near Gorst in Kitsap County this morning. Initial reports said one person was dead, but we’re checking into that. More to come.
Well, all we can say is we’ve had enough bad news and shootings this week: 8-year-old girl shot by 9-year-old classmate; trooper shot dead by felon; federal marshals kill fugitive in shootout. Let’s hope Friday will bring some good news.
The third-grade teacher some are crediting with saving the life of 8-year-old Amina Bowman spoke with KING5 yesterday and says not only is she worried about Amina’s health, but she’s concerned about the welfare of the 9-year-old boy who was carrying the gun that went off and wounded her.
And on a lighter note, have we run a photo before of former Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels with a full beard? (He’s now officially running for secretary of state.)
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- State trooper slain; ex-con had threatened police
- Students return to Bremerton school where girl was shot
- Police reassigning officers after spike in Seattle homicides
- Have patience? Seattle arena deal not set to Kings, Coyotes
- Healthier Franklin Gutierrez hopes to return to better days on field | Larry Stone