Weather: Yes, the pavement is wet. It rained a bit overnight and there will be some showers today. Highs in the 50s today and Thursday. The details.
Traffic: Here are the highway cameras.
Same-sex marriage is expected to win approval in the state House in Olympia today, after winning in the Senate last week. Floor debate and the House vote on the Marriage Equality Act (SB 6239) begin at 1 p.m. Watch live on TVW. The vote in the Washington Legislature comes a day after a federal appeals court struck down California’s ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional. Read more.
Seattle’s central waterfront could use some spiffing up, but what do we want and where would the money come from to fund the improvements? A proposal to link downtown to the waterfront through staircases, ramps and plazas is the subject of a story today and will be discussed at three public forums. The first is tonight, 5:30 to 7 p.m., downstairs at Town Hall, 1119 Eighth Ave. RSVP waterfrontseattle.org. Our story has more information on all the forums.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Prosecutor: Powell’s final act ends doubt he killed wife
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady’s wife, criticizes New England receivers | NFL
- Komen exec quits after Planned Parenthood flap
- Mariners’ Eric Wedge will hold players to a higher standard | Jerry Brewer
- Lorenzo Romar: “We have to start all over again” | Husky Men’s Basketball Blog