403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

April 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Grandmother credited with saving family in Seattle fire

There is not points to locate on the map

A 56-year-old grandmother is being credited with saving her family during a fire in Seattle’s Green Lake neighborhood this morning.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 5600 block of Kirkwood Place North, an area known as Tangletown, just after 3:30 a.m. for reports of a fire.

Seattle fire spokesman Kyle Moore said the woman awoke to the sound of a smoke detector. She ran upstairs to the second floor, where the smoke was heaviest, to wake her 21-year-old son and three young grandchildren, the oldest of whom is 5, Moore said.

The children belong to the woman’s daughter, who was not at the house at the time, Moore said.

The woman was taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment for smoke inhalation. The fire was caused by an overheated extension cord on the second floor of the home, Moore said.

The fire, which has been ruled accidental, caused $75,000 worth of damage.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: green lake, House fire, Kyle Moore

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx