Weather: Did you notice it was starting to get light at 5 a.m. today? The chart says light rain for the next four days, but we don’t believe it. The sun is peeking out from the clouds, and we’re banking on that. Sunday looks great, as in sunny. We’re still seeing below-normal temperatures. We’re supposed to be in the low 60s by now. Go figure.
The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
May Day mayhem: We certainly hope it’s over. Thanks to Mother Nature and the rain last night.
Big fine for immigration violation: A Duvall herb farm charged with firing illegal immigrants then turning around and rehiring them has been hit with a $1 million fine in federal court.
Teaching assistant, sex, student: A teaching assistant, Cheri Powers, is charged with sexual misconduct for allegedly having sexual contact with a 16-year-old boy at Goldendale High School in Klickitat County.
Proposed tuition hikes at Wazzu: The board of regents at WSU meets Friday to consider raising tuition by 16 percent. That would mean $11,000 for in-state students and $24,000 for non-residents.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Rain drives May Day protesters away after earlier outbreak of vandalism
- Sparks fly over Dan Savage’s comments to students about Bible
- Survivalist’s bunker was built for one
- Deciphering what the heck the Seahawks were thinking in draft | Jerry Brewer
- May Day protests: traffic jams or worse?