403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

July 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Lake Union hotel fire likely caused by overheated cell-phone charger

A fire caused the evacuation of a Seattle hotel this afternoon.

Seattle fire crews were called to the Courtyard Seattle Lake Union on Westlake Avenue North around noon for a report of smoke coming from the seventh floor.

Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore said firefighters entered a seventh floor room and put out a fire inside a hotel room. No one was hurt.

Moore said that the blaze burned the carpet, the wall and drapes inside the room. The fire is believed to have been caused by an overheated cell-phone charger, Moore said.

Damage is estimated at $2,000.

No one was injured.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: Seattle Fire Department, Westlake Avenue North

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx