The Associated Press
BELLINGHAM — A 12-year-old boy who was found passed out near a Bellingham skate park was treated for alcohol poisoning.
A passer-by spotted the unconscious boy Wednesday in the back of a parked pickup.
The Bellingham Herald reports medics took him to St. Joseph Hospital. He was transferred to Seattle Children’s Hospital because of its specialized intensive care unit.
Police think the boy’s friends left him in the pickup after he passed out, hoping someone would help him. The truck owner didn’t know the boy and had nothing to do with his drinking.