An 83-year-old man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center with serious respiration injuries after a fire engulfed a home in Seattle’s Crown Hill neighborhood Thursday night, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
Firefighters initially thought no one was inside the home at the 8500 block of 12th Avenue Northwest when it caught fire just before 10 p.m., but then found the man unconscious in a bathroom, according to emergency scanner traffic. He had no pulse, and his airways were blackened from smoke inhalation.
The man was found 17 minutes after firefighters knocked down the blaze that engulfed the front of the one-story home from basement to attic, said Lt. Sue Stangl.
Emergency personnel were able to rush him to Harborview, where he is in critical condition.
Neighbors told MyBallard that an older couple has lived in the home for several decades.