Weather: Much cooler today than the last week, with lower highs than normal. Expect temperatures in the lows 60s to low 70s. This cooler weather should stick around through midweek when we might even see some showers. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: No major accidents or closures to report at this time. The map and cams.
Man killed in Skyway on his birthday: A man who was celebrating his birthday with friends was found shot to death in a car early this morning, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
Last day of Hempfest: Today is the last day of Hempfest, running from 11:30 a.m. to the closing ceremony at 8 p.m. If you want to witness the festivities from a safe distance, photographer Alan Berner has you covered in this gallery. In other pot news, tax enforcers have started auditing medical-marijuana dispensaries in the state.
Taylor Bridge Fire: Environmental reporter Craig Welch takes a good look at the wildfire that scorched 23,252 acres last week between Cle Elum and Ellensburg. The fire, he writes, offers a nasty glimpse of what fire experts fear may be increasingly common in the future.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- UW football coach Steve Sarkisian reinstates two players who were kicked off team
- Russell Wilson sparkles again as Seahawks beat Denver, 30-10
- Canadians crowd Costco, stores near border — but not everyone minds
- Crew asks air travelers to pitch in for jet fuel
- Herb Alpert’s ‘Whipped Cream Lady’ now 76, living in Longview and looking back