Weather: Would you believe 75 degrees today? We’ll take it. Drizzle tomorrow and Wednesday is not acceptable. Let’s see if that really happens. It’ll be cooler Wednesday through Friday, but it looks as though we will be back into the upper 70s by Labor Day weekend. Yes! The National Weather Service forecast.
Shooting, brawl near Yesler Terrace: We’re pursuing the report of a man being shot in the midsection during a brawl of some 50 people near 12th Avenue and East Yesler Way.
The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the state is $4.02, up 5 cents in a weekend and 34 cents in a month, says the AAA of Washington. A few area prices: Bellingham $4.19, Bremerton $4.03, Seattle-Bellevue-Everett $4.05. Will gas prices affect your travel plans for Labor Day weekend?
Body found in Columbia River: Authorities are trying to identify the body of a man found Saturday in the Columbia River south of the I-90 bridge near Vantage. A boater found the body.
University of Washington is doing OK: At least according to a national mag that ranks colleges on how much good they do for the nation. Washington Monthly, a national nonprofit magazine, put the UW at eighth in the U.S. It was 23rd last year.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Seahawks release Terrell Owens | Seahawks Blog
- Report: Tarvaris Jackson to be traded to Buffalo | Seahawks Blog
- Wilson has been amazing but Flynn still best bet at QB | Steve Kelley
- Pete Carroll names Russell Wilson regular-season starter | Seahawks Blog
- New mission for ill Cheryl Chow: talking about being gay