Weather: A bit cooler today with the high not expected to get out of the upper 60s. Likewise for tomorrow, but we could get back into the 70s Friday with the temperatures then increasing for several days. No rain in sight. Enjoy. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: How’s that Mercer Street revision working for ya? The map and cams.
Bags and bins for tsunami debris: The feds have given our state $50,000 to help cover the cost of picking up debris coming ashore from the Japanese tsunami. That’s great as long as it’s not another dock or house or something.
Must be very young-looking coppers: A couple of guys suspected of being pimps were busted in Seattle’s Westlake Park last week after trying to set up two undercover police officers as prostitutes. One of the cops told the men she was just 17.
Wazzu computer glitch revisited: Remember that computer problem at Washington State University that caused a bunch of student financial-aid money to be paid late? Well, it could take until October to get it all squared away. Yeah, we said the same thing. Computers are supposed to make things easier.
It seems like a long time coming, but the Taylor Bridge wildfire east of Cle Elum is finally contained. What damage, destruction and heartache it wrought.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Thank you, Bill Nye, for slamming creationism | Ed cetera
- 4 soldiers linked to terror plot; alleged leader tied to Washington
- Seahawks’ Russell Wilson is example of NFL-ready rookie quarterbacks
- Jon Gruden-damus, Russell Wilson and the tipping point in QB competition with Matt Flynn | Seahawks Blog
- Seattle-area home prices post fourth monthly gain