An 18-year-old man suspected of fatally shooting a homeless man and wounding several other people at a Seattle bus shelter nearly a year ago pleaded not guilty today to first-degree murder.
Say Sulin Keodara also pleaded not guilty to a first-degree assault charge in connection with the Sept. 12 shooting. He is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Parker may have purchased something from the car’s occupants, one of the surviving victims told police.
Fewer than 10 minutes later, Keodara and his friends returned on foot and “demanded money from all of the victims,” prosecutors say.
Prosecutors allege Keodara, who has numerous juvenile convictions for unlawful possession of a firearm, began shooting at the victims when one tried to run.
Parker already had been shot once and was on the ground when Keodara “walked up to Mr. Parker and shot him in the head,” prosecutors allege in charging documents.
Two other victims, a 43-year-old woman and a 68-year-old man, suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The third surviving victim, a 29-year-old man, was seriously injured when he was shot twice in the torso, police said.