Traffic: The map and cams.
Early morning robberies: Seattle police are reporting that gunmen committed three armed robberies early this morning in North Seattle, striking the victims in the back of the head with a gun and robbing them. Between 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m., three separate calls were made to police from three locations: the 5200 block of 15th Avenue Northeast, the 5000 block of 22nd Avenue Northeast and the 5600 block of University Way.
Some of the victims were intoxicated and not able to provide much information, police said.
Two vehicles possibly used by the assailants were described as a green Galant and a dark, four-door Toyota.
King County Metro bus changes start today: The local transit agency begins some sweeping changes today, including the addition and removal of some routes and the end of the downtown free-ride zone. Check out the Metro website for a complete rundown on the changes.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Former Sammamish football star left unconscious, bleeding after attack
- Police search home of Seattle lawyer charged with rapes
- The Times recommends Barack Obama for president, again
- Seattle homeless shelters shut down in wake of bus changes
- State: Company with group homes in Normandy Park is breaking law