The Associated Press
An electrical or furnace problem possibly started the fire that burned a large house under construction in Clyde Hill, Bellevue fire investigators say.
The 5,800 square foot home was a month away from completion and the loss will exceed a million dollars, said Lt. Troy Donlin.
The fire was fully involved when firefighters arrived around midnight Tuesday. Donlin says they had a some difficulty hauling gear up a steep driveway.
It’s the second big house fire in the Seattle area this week. On Monday lacquer fumes were ignited by a furnace at a waterfront home under construction in Seattle. The $3.6 million house was destroyed and flames damaged two neighboring homes for a total loss estimated by the fire department at $7 million.