403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

October 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Man dies in North Seattle fire caused by damaged cord

Fire investigators have determined that a blaze that killed one North Seattle man and injured another early Sunday morning was caused by a pinched power cord, according to Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore.

The fire began in the bottom unit of a duplex in the 10500 block of Greenwood Avenue North and was reported at 3:32 a.m., fire officials said.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy black smoke pouring from the bottom-floor unit, which was filled with piles of combustible materials, and the body of a deceased man, 10 feet from the door, Moore said.

The victim’s name has not been released.

Another man, who lived in the upper unit of the two-story dwelling, suffered minor smoke inhalation, according to fire officials.

Moore said fire investigators found that a pinched power cord in the bedroom of the lower unit started the blaze and that neither unit had a working smoke alarm. Damages to the structure and contents were estimated at $200,000, he said.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: fatal and fire and Greenwood, Seattle Fire Department

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx