Several streets in downtown Seattle near Third and Seneca were reopened after 5 a.m. Monday after a bomb squad destroyed a suspicious device outside FBI offices.
2. 300-YEAR-OLD BONES FOUND ON COLUMBIA AT RICHLAND
Human bones found sticking out of an eroding Columbia River riverbank at Richland were more than 300 years old and have been turned over to tribal authorities.
3. REPLACEMENT NFL REF FROM MARYSVILLE BACK WORKING PREPS
Jeff Sadorus, of Marysville, was an NFL replacement referee until last week. Friday night he was the head official at the Shorecrest-Shorewood game.
4. THE BELLINGHAM HERALD | BELLINGHAM FISHERS HELPED RESCUE MAN ADRIFT 26 HOURS IN ALASKA
In U.S. Coast Guard parlance, a “good Samaritan fishing vessel crew” found 19-year-old Ryan Harris afloat in a plastic fish tote in the open seas after his boat capsized northwest of Sitka, Alaska.
5. THE SPOKESMAN REVIEW | WOMAN IN WHEELCHAIR SEVERELY BURNED
A 42-year-old Spokane woman was severely burned Sunday morning after embers from the cigarette she was smoking ignited the blanket wrapped around her.
6. SOUNDERS FC 3 VS. TIMBERS 0
Eddie Johnson and Fredy Montero provided the scoring in a dominant performance over the rival Timbers, giving the Sounders the lead in the Cascadia Cup standings with one game remaining.
7. STEVE KELLEY | MAGNIFICENT ELEVEN DEFENSE SAVES THE DAY FOR SEAHAWKS
How long has it been since the Seahawks defense surrendered a touchdown?
8. SEAHAWKS DEFEAT CAROLINA PANTHERS 16-12 WITH SUPERB DEFENSE, RALLY
The Seahawks were determined to give this game away. At least it looked that way through most of the first three quarters Sunday
9. STATE LEARNS SAD LESSON WITH WEDGE PACK WOLF HUNT
The state Department of Fish and Wildlife has wiped out the Wedge Pack of wolves, which had focused on cattle as prey, less than a year after adopting a plan to recover wolf populations in the state.
10. MEDICAL MARIJUANA: ‘MEDIBLES’ INDUSTRY THRIVES, LACKS SAFETY REGULATIONS
Cannabis-infused “medibles” are the rage in the medical marijuana industry. But no one is checking how safe they are.