Weather: Sun this morning, so get out there now. Showers return later. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The Highway 520 bridge reopened this morning, more than four hours ahead of the scheduled noon opening after crews finished installing girders for the new 84th Street Northeast overpass. Traffic map and cams.
Seattle Center at 50: Today is the closing day the “Next 50,”a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the World’s Fair here. The free event includes musical performances, including a 2 p.m. concert by the Seattle Symphony.
Sounders: Seattle plays Dallas at home today at 6 p.m., without suspended head coach Sigi Schmid.
Mariners: So what if the season was disappointing. Ticket prices are going up anyway. Reporter Geoff Baker lays it all out today, including some ticket-holders’ surprise. Full-season plans are up as much as nearly 7 percent in some sections, and 40-game weekend packages are up 3.7 to 10.6 percent in more desirable main-level spots.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Spokane high-school kicker boots 67-yard field goal: Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal Thursday night in Central Valley’s 62-55 victory over Shadle Park. In the same game, Shadle Park quarterback Brett Rypien passed for a state-record 577 yards.
- A life together, a death together for Bremerton couple: After spending 27 years together, Clayton and Helen Hansen died together following a car crash. “They’re still together, as far as I’m concerned,” said one relative.
- Huskies get clobbered at Arizona, 52-17: Washington couldn’t stop Arizona’s no-huddle, up-tempo spread attack and its offense couldn’t keep up, with UW losing 52-17 and dropping its third in a row to fall to 3-4.
- Sunscreen catches fire, in all the wrong ways |The Wrap / Ron Judd: Man, you people complain a lot. One public-spirited global company, “Energizer Holdings,” is out there on the front lines, trying to protect earthlings from the heinous effects of sunlight, and what do people do? Whine.
- Arizona game thread | Husky Football Blog: ROUT IS ON — I’m having lots of internet trouble here. But I doubt few of you need updates now, anyway. Arizona now leads 52-17 with 11:32 to play and this game is over.