Man pushes woman into oncoming traffic: A woman is fighting for her life after a man pushed her into traffic and she was hit by a car in the Skyway area last night. They had been arguing, and he shoved her. A car swerved and missed her, but a second car didn’t. The man ran away.
Raining enough for you? Going to be wet all day and tomorrow. And showers on Thursday. There are flood watches because of the rain on several rivers in the state, which is often the case. They include: Skokomish, Nooksack, Skagit and Stillaguamish rivers in Mason, Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties. Again, this is no East Coast storm.
Even Magic Johnson wants an NBA team in Seattle. He said so recently. Is that “enough said?” We imagine it is for all the folks who support a new sports arena in Seattle’s Sodo district. For those who don’t? Not so much.
Woman charged in stabbing death of her mother: Prosecutors say the woman stabbed her mother several times with a steak knife. The woman was arrested over the weekend in her parents’ Puyallup-area home. The mother reportedly was being attacked while the woman’s father was on the phone calling 911.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Sandy leaves death, damp and darkness in wake: As superstorm Sandy marched slowly inland, millions along the East Coast awoke Tuesday without power or mass transit, with huge swaths of the nation’s largest city unusually vacant and dark.
- Anacortes couple lived happy ending in ‘Argo’ : For an Anacortes couple, Mark Lijek and Cora Amburn-Lijek, Ben Affleck’s top-grossing movie, “Argo,” is about their real-life experiences in 1979-’80. They were two of the six U.S. Embassy staffers rescued by the CIA in revolutionary Iran, using the improbable ruse that they were Hollywood filmmakers.
- Magic Johnson joins the chorus of fans who want to bring the NBA back to Seattle: Tuesday marks the start of the fifth NBA season since the Sonics left for Oklahoma City, and optimism for the NBA’s return to Seattle has never been higher. At a fundraiser for another event, the NBA Hall of Famer campaigned for a return to the good old days when his Lakers battled the Sonics.
- 2 dead in Mill Creek: pregnant woman in apartment, husband in crashed car: After an afternoon spent watching a football game with friends and dinner out, a pregnant Mill Creek woman was killed in her apartment, and her husband died when the car he was driving crashed.
- Truth Needle: Gay-marriage ‘harm’ about bias, not law itself: Truth Needle: A new anti-referendum 74 television ad says experience shows how approving gay marriage “can harm” those opposed to the unions. We find the claim half true.