November 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Tuesday Memo: Lucky co-pilot? Missing boy … TB probe
The co-pilot is probably thanking his lucky stars … The story on the charter airline pilot busted for investigation of car theft and DUI is scary. The pilot reportedly got into a man’s car and a struggle ensued. The pilot, however, was able to steal the car. The authorities caught up with him, though. The pilot was supposed to fly out of Sea-Tac the same day. Could anyone be more surprised than his boss whose first word to a reporter was “Wow.”
Sky Metawala, the 2-year-old Bellevue boy, mysteriously went missing one year ago today. His mother told police she ran out of gas and left the boy the car while she and her 4-year-old daughter walked to a gas station for help. When they returned, he was gone.
Got carts? Drive ‘em. Electric golf carts are legal on streets in the Hillyard neighborhood in northeast Spokane where the speed limit is 25 miles per hour or under, The Spokesman-Review reports. Wheee!
Tuberculosis probe? This caught us a bit by surprise, from My Everett News: Tuberculosis investigation launched in Everett. Two deaths linked with current outbreak
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Lance armstrong revelations leave cyclist’s widow wondering: As more news has come out about Lance Armstrong, I haven’t wanted to make a choice about him. Several months ago, when Lance said he was done talking about doping, I actually posted on Facebook: “Wearing yellow today. LIVESTRONG
- Mike Leach responds after another volatile day at WSU: WSU career leading receiver Marquess Wilson has been suspended.
- Boeing considers wingtips that fold on its next big jet: Passengers on the future 777X may be surprised to see its wingtips unfolding in a design that lets the Boeing jet’s immense wingspan fit at airport gates.
- Inattentive driving could soon cost you $124 in King County: The Metropolitan King County Council has approved a new traffic infraction — inattentive driving — with fines that could bring in about $75,000 next year
- Pilot suspected in car theft, DUI hours before Japan flight: A pilot for a charter airline was arrested in SeaTac on suspicion of car theft and DUI, hours before he was scheduled to fly a commercial plane to Japan, the King County Sheriff’s Office reported.
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com. On Twitter @NickProvenza1
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers