Out goes “bride,” “groom,” “husband” and “wife” on state marriage certificates: At least that’s possible as the state Health Department grapples with rewriting the certificates in response to the state’s same-sex marriage law. How’s “Spouse A” and “Spouse B?” KIRO reports.
Casino worker fired for calling police: The worker had just clocked out when she saw a man strike a woman outside a Pasco casino last Thursday. The victim looked pretty scared, so when the man got into a car and drove off, the worker wrote down the license plate number and called police. The casino manager gave the worker the boot, saying she should have called management and casino security first … Say that again? The suspect was never caught.
How about Sounders FC midfielder Osvaldo Alonso being named one of the best 11 players in the MLS for 2012 as voted by teams, players and media?
Sun today, maybe, but then the rain returns. Hey, quit complaining. It’s November. Got pretty cold the past few nights, didn’t it?
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- On 81st birthday, Oregon man gives company to employees
- Is the abnormal tale of Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman too good to be true?
- California farmers want orcas taken off endangered-species
- Las Vegas Bowl looks like probable destination for Huskies
- Former Fla. GOP leaders: New election law meant to suppress vote