403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

November 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

UW dorm evacuated for bad smell

The University of Washington’s McMahon Hall was evacuated for almost two hours this afternoon after food-service workers reported feeling nauseated and light-headed after opening a walk-in freezer.

A hazardous materials team from the Seattle Fire Department responded and examined eight student and adult employees in the cafeteria’s food preparation area, said Kyle Moore, fire department spokesman. He said fresh air seemed to improve everyone’s symptoms and no one was taken to the hospital. Air-quality monitors did not detect any hazardous substances, he said.

The dorm was evacuated from about 12:30 to 2:15 p.m. The fire department turned the scene over to the UW officials, Moore said, to determine whether the food prep area was safe to re-enter.

 

Comments | More in General news | Topics: Seattle Fire Department, University of Washington

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx