Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

December 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

2 Bellingham dogs die from eating mushrooms

The Associated Press

BELLINGHAM — A Bellingham couple whose dogs died from eating mushrooms in their yard want others to know about the danger to pets.

Renee and Bill Bliss were away from home Nov. 2 when their adult son Dustin found one of their pugs dead and the other in bad shape with vomiting and diarrhea. It was later put down.

The Bellingham Herald reports tests confirmed their dogs Milo and Maggie had eaten poisonous mushrooms.

Renee Bliss says people with mushrooms in their yard should take steps to protect pets and small children.

0 Comments | More in General news | Topics: bellingham, dogs, mushrooms

COMMENTS

READER NOTE: Our commenting system has changed. Find out more.

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.


Advertising
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►