Brrrr…: Temperatures overnight will be dipping below freezing through the middle of next week in Western Washington, but snow looks unlikely with the dry weather ahead.
And the winner of Seattle vs. Atlanta: There’s the obvious football rivalry before this weekend’s playoff game, but is there more head-to-head competition than just helmets? Seattle can claim Jimi Hendrix and Macklemore, but Atlanta has Gladys Knight and Kanye. You’ll have to see how the two towns stack up.
Also, don’t miss FYI Guy Gene Balk’s analysis of the types of cars and beers Seahawks fans prefer compared to Atlanta’s fans.
Boeing’s 787 under fire: Sometimes your headlines are more literal than you intend. The 787 Dreamliner has come under recent scrutiny after a fire broke out Monday in an empty aircraft, the latest in a string of problems with the 787’s electrical system. The Federal Aviation Administration announced today that it would be launching a comprehensive review of the 787’s critical systems.
Boy struck by school bus: A 7-year-old boy was hit by a school bus Thursday in Ferndale. KOMO-TV reports that the boy is in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center. We’ll update our story as we get more info.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Source: Kings’ owners want to keep hand in running NBA team
- Sacramento vows fight to prevent sale, move of Kings
- Sheriff makes policy changes after man shot 16 times in bed
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll got smart, and stopped making risky decisions | Jerry Brewer
- Student tells teacher: ‘I don’t want to shoot you’