Seattle’s gun buyback event: The buyback is today starting at 9 a.m. and lasting until 3 p.m. in a downtown Seattle parking lot. If you turn in a gun — including hand guns, shotguns and rifles — you’re eligible for a gift certificate up to $100. You can get a certificate up to $200, too. For an assault rifle, of course.
Wet, wet, wet: Hope you like rain. It’s forecast at least through Wednesday, although temperatures will be in the mid-40s. This is likely to put a damper on the gun buyback program, no?
Those old boats: The sinking and listing of two boats in Tacoma yesterday reminds us that there are a lot of derelict vessels in the state. How about some 230 on them. It costs the state a lot of money to deal with them and perhaps that’s why the process is so slow and cumbersome.
‘Superhero’ Phoenix Jones is releasing a new comic book, says KING5. We didn’t even know he had any comic books…
This is just sad and speaks for itself: Lynnwood girl, 4, says man hogtied her, shot her 36 times with pellet gun
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Hope Solo: ‘I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my personal life. I’m happily married’
- 787 battery blew up in ’06 lab test, burned down building
- NTSB’s methodical probe means longer grounding for Boeing 787
- Russell Wilson in 10 years? An unbelievable look ahead | Take 2
- 520 ‘ramps to nowhere’ to come down
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org