Good morning. And to quote the great Russell Wilson, ” Go Hawks!” The game starts at 10 a.m. on Fox, Channel 13.
Weather: It’s cold, but dry. Highs in the upper 30s. The National Weather Service forecast.
The Legislature convenes Monday: Perhaps the biggest issue this session is how lawmakers will deal with a court order to increase education funding. Reporters Linda Shaw and Brian M. Rosernthal report that for now, legislators are badly split. And, as the session starts, it’s also worth knowing which lawmakers’ moves might matter most. Here are six legislators to watch.
Can a landlord ban a tenant from smoking pot? A Mercer Island landlord sent notices recently to tenants in 171 apartments saying that pot, in all forms, would be strictly prohibited and grounds for eviction. Reporter Bob Young has the story.
Seahawks: Need a little match-up catch-up on the Falcons-Seahawks (yes, some are calling it the Bird Bowl)? Reporter Danny O’Neil writes today: “For all the progress Seattle has made this season, this is the point when its past three playoff appearances have ended, and for all the regular-season victories Atlanta has racked up in coach Mike Smith’s five seasons, the Falcons have yet to validate those results with a playoff win.” O’Neil’s assessment of the two teams.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- More complications reported in possible Sacramento Kings sale and move to Seattle
- Can you hear Richard Sherman now? | Jerry Brewer
- Sacramento Kings rumors continue to fly but no official announcements
- Matchup between Seahawks’ physical cornerbacks and big, talented Falcons receivers could be key to Sunday’s game
- Some churches shift Sunday services for Seahawks game