Bellevue bar arrest: If you don’t already know, police have arrested the man charged in the shooting death of a Seattle man in a Bellevue bar Christmas Eve. The shooter was involved in the beating death of the Tuba Man in Seattle several years ago.
Tim Eyman wants an initiative to protect initiatives: Well sorta. He’s calling it Initiative 517, the “Protect the Initative Act.” Actually, it calls for penalties for harassing signature gatherers and those who sign those petitions, among other things. No comment from us on this one.
Woman charged with setting a fire in her home: And there were four youngsters inside. The Pierce County woman suspected her husband was cheating on her, so she decided to burn some of his things. She put out the fire before authorities arrived, and no one was hurt, thank goodness.
Another bit of what makes Seattle Seattle is going away: Easy Street Records closing Lower Queen Anne branch.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Brick by brick: How Pete Carroll built the Seahawks
- UW grants degree to late student undaunted by terminal cancer
- Will budget make room to fix the state’s ‘worst bottleneck’?
- Kansas wants sperm donor to pay child support
- Seahawks rookie cornerback Jeremy Lane proves he belongs | Steve Kelley
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1