An Edmonds woman who died in an apartment fire on Monday has been identified as Laurel A. Moody, according to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Moody, 61, perished after choking on smoke that filled her home, according to medical examiner’s staff.
A spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1 said that the fire started after a reading lamp fell onto her bed. Agency spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said that a clamp came loose on the light.
One neighbor told KING a woman lived alone in the apartment.
Hynes says damage is estimated at $50,000 to the one unit.