How many people have a concealed handgun permit in our state? The News Tribune in Tacoma says in a story online that it’s about 1 in 12. Do you have a concealed weapon permit or know someone who does? Vote in our poll.
MRPOOP and WANTSEX: These are just two of the names the state has nixed on vehicle license plates. If you want to see more on the types of plates the state rejects, see the story by Seattle Times staff reporter Erik Lacitis. Think LUVBED and OLDFART.
Sports columnist says goodbye. If you haven’t read the farewell column by retiring Times sports columnist Steve Kelley, please have a look. It’s more about people than sports and it’s a winner.
Where did that come from? A live grenade was found in the back yard of a Bonney Lake woman’s home yesterday. It was disposed of by a bomb squad. No one was hurt. KING5 has the story.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Boeing 787’s problems blamed on outsourcing, lack of oversight
- Farewell: Thanks for 30 years of friends, acts of kindness | Steve Kelley
- Ex-Navy SEAL died pursuing his passion
- 1-90 tolling: Mansion-ringed Mercer Island wants a free pass | The Wrap / Ron Judd
- Tour the house that Craigslist built |Northwest Living
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org