February 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Monday Memo: Pope poll … Deadly weekend locally … Secondhand shopping contest
As you probably already know, the pope is resigning: It’s been said over the years that Seattle folks aren’t particularly known for being churchgoers. Nevertheless, the leader of the massive Roman Catholic Church says he’s resigning at the end of the month, and we’d like to know if his decision is important to you. Vote in our poll.
Weather? The rain is back … Have a look at the chart over there.
- Woman arrested in Marysville homicide
- Suspect arrested in fatal Bellingham stabbing
- Death of Omak man investigated as homicide
Are you a good secondhand shopper? The Times is looking for our area’s most resourceful secondhand shoppers, so in partnership with Dana Landon’s blog, “It’s My Darlin,” we’re asking you to send a photo of yourself with your best recent thrift-shop find for a chance to win one of three $50 secondhand spending sprees. Deadline is midnight tonight!
Did an Oregon judge go too far? A judge in Medford, Ore., told a convicted pedophile he hoped the man would “rot in prison.” The Oregon Supreme Court didn’t think that was a good thing to say and sanctioned Judge Tim Barnack. He also said a few things that were a wee bit more colorful …
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Mariners will have a new look, but a winning season is far from guaranteed
- 3 dead in copter crash on Calif. reality TV set
- Anxiety settles on LA area in fugitive ex-cop hunt
- Holland’s first term at Port a tangle of problems
- Reported elbow issue stalls Felix Hernandez’s contract extension
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers