Those airport scanners and you naked … This is good news, yeah? ‘Backscatter’ scanners soon may be gone from Sea-Tac. Here’s one reason why: The scanners produce a real nude image of passengers’ bodies. But you knew that, right?
A man in cuffs: In letting the public know that a guy wanted on a couple of theft warrants had slipped out of Harborview Medical Center yesterday, Seattle police were just a tad clever tweeting about it: “If you see a handcuffed man walking around near Harborview, give us a call.”
It isn’t always pit bulls, but … the dog shot by an Everett police officer yesterday was one. The canine apparently lunged at the officer twice after cornering the cop on a porch. That second lunge proved fatal for the dog. A second pit bull got away and is being sought. Given their reputation — deserved or not — would you consider owning a pit bull? Vote in our poll.
Stranded snowmobilers on the move: The post below was updated this morning to say the two snowmobilers who were stranded on Blowout Mountain near Mount Rainier yesterday are being escorted down to safety this morning. Nice to have some good news once in a while.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Wash. restaurant closed after 22 fall ill
- Digital subscriptions needed to support quality journalism | David Boardman
- Ikea withdraws meatballs in more than 20 countries
- Michael Morse is back, but Mariners can learn from once letting him go | Jerry Brewer
- Plundering of timber lucrative for thieves, a problem for state
Memo light: The Wizard of Id | Parker and Hart
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com