Scary incident: An innocent bystander was wounded near the Pike Place Market early this morning when gunfire erupted between two men, police said. The woman suffered a non-life-threatening wound and two suspects were arrested.
Your weather: If you can weather (sorry) the rain today and showers tomorrow, some sun is forecast for Monday with a high of 54 degrees. OK, it’s partly sunny, but no rain is good enough for us and we hope it is for you, too.
And speaking of weather, no snow down here: At least not any to speak of. It’s the first week of March and we folks in the Puget Sound lowlands appear to have skated by with just a smidgen of snow this winter. Yeah, we know, some of you just love snow in Seattle and our condolences go out to you.
Ready for some football? The Sounders open their 2013 MLS season tonight against the Montreal Impact at CenturyLink Field. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Brothers’ 911 calls before shooting: ‘My dad is being killed’
- Sacramento mayor announces potential buyer for Kings, plan to keep team
- Billions in automatic budget cuts kick in
- Cuts in place, Obama and GOP brace for next fight
- Microsoft debuts its new concept of the future
Memo Light: Dilbert | Scott Adams