Poisoned eagles: Seven bald eagles were poisoned after feeding on the carcasses of two horses that were euthanized. It appears that the drugs used to put down the horses made the birds sick. Aren’t the horses’ bodies supposed to be disposed of somehow and not left to rot in a field.?
White collar Boeing jobs may be shipped elsewhere. Not good news. Cuts in engineering could affect hundreds. Separately, IT support here and in California could be sent to Charleston, S.C. All part of cost-cutting campaigns.
Amanda Knox and another trial: As if you haven’t heard, the high court in Rome has sent her case back to the appeals court to be retried. She was acquitted in 2011 in the 2007 slaying of her British roommate Meredith Kercher. Her Italian attorney says she won’t have to return to Italy for the new trial. Here”s a link to the chronology of the long-running story.
Spring-like and we’re lovin’ it. Nice yesterday afternoon, nice expected this afternoon, but rainy tomorrow and Thursday. We hear, though, we could be in the 60s and dry by the weekend. Yes!
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Italy high court overturns Knox acquittal
- Seattle boom an inconvenient truth for Republicans | Danny Westneat
- Driver in wreck that killed pedestrians had 2 DUI arrests
- T-Mobile stays silent as layoff buzz gets louder | Brier Dudley
- Seattle artist’s Holocaust views has art world rethinking his work
Memo light: Dilbert | Scott Adams
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com