$550 million! Do I hear $575? You can almost hear the auctioneer calling as a bidding war for the Sacramento Kings seems likely now that Chris Hansen and his Seattle supporters have added $25 million to their $550 million offer for the team.
Who is Chris Hansen? The answer to that question is answered in a Seattle Times profile of the multimillionaire who grew up in Seattle. You can read it online tomorrow or in the Sunday print edition.
Another Barefoot Bandit charge: A county in Nebraska has filed theft charges against Colton Harris-Moore, the so-called Barefoot Bandit, complicating the case against the 22-year-old now held in the Skagit County jail.
Snow in the passes: Snow is falling at Stevens Pass this morning, and the National Weather Service forecasts 6 to 12 inches of snow in the Cascades over the weekend. Rain showers are expected through Sunday in the Seattle area with possible thunderstorms today and tomorrow.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Steer clear of Facebook’s Home for Android
- On eve of deadline, complication emerges for Sacramento group seeking to keep Kings
- $1 verdict against police costs nearly $600,000 in legal fees
- Jonathan Martin: Gen-X retirees will have less to show
- Local media ownership takes a hit with deal to sell Fisher’s KOMO
Memo Light: Garfield | By Jim Davis