More sunshine: The weather forecast is for another day of sunshine — actually two more days of sun before a few clouds roll in on Tuesday. Then, it’s back to sun on Wednesday and Thursday. If you’re looking for some outside activity today, check out the Volunteer Park Spring Restoration Project from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today on Capitol Hill. It’s sponsored by the Volunteer Park Trust and the Seattle Parks and Recreation Department. Gloves and garden tools provided. Mulch the Peach Grant Garden and clear space for more plantings.
Cinco de Mayo: It’s the fifth of May and it’s not Mexico’s independence day. Instead, it commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). But it has also become — especially in the United States — a day to mark your Mexican heritage, whether you have any or not. Tequila and mariachi music would be in order.
Foreign visas: Even as Microsoft and other tech companies lobby for more H-1B visas to hire skilled temporary foreign workers, hundreds of thousands of American engineers and programmers are failing to find full-time jobs. The Seattle Times series continues Monday.
Most Read stories:
- Climber falls on Seattle electrical tower
- Ex-gang leader shot in car was local pioneer for Crips
- Is expansion really an option for NBA, Sonics group?
- Dustin Ackley’s grand slam powers Mariners to 8-1 win over Blue Jays
- Sacramento group puts money in escrow; arena opponents say they will file suit