Beware how you clean your barbecue grill: A Mountlake Terrace teen accidentally swallowed a tiny wire from a grill brush and it got embedded in his gut. Want to know how bad it got? His abdominal cramps grew so intense he had to leave school. He then vomited over and over again. Sometimes the vomit was tinged with blood. Ouch. He’s going to be OK, though.
Hot weather making a return? We could see temps in the upper 70s if not 80 degrees tomorrow. Even if we don’t make it to 80 degrees, Seattle is a great place to be when it’s sunny and in the mid-70s, don’t you agree?
Monroe is ditching its red light cameras: So says The Herald in Everett. The newspaper, through a public information request, got hold of a letter the mayor sent to the vendor who supplies the cameras that says the city won’t be renewing its contract. Voters in Monroe have long said they don’t want the cameras. What do you think of red light cameras? Vote in our poll.
Jail escapees probably thought they were smart: Two Enumclaw jail inmates made a break for it last night, but it wasn’t long before they were back behind bars. What makes this story a tad unusual: The escapees mugged two teens and took their clothes. Big help that was. The prisoners were caught about four hours after slipping away. KIRO-TV has the story.
My goodness, double wins: Who’d have thought that the M’s and the Sounders would both win on the same day? OK, the Mariners have been winning of late and that’s a good thing, but the lowly Sounders, who have had a very rough start, pulled out a 1-0 victory over Kansas City last night in extra time with a goal by Djimi Traore.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Online ‘hottest girls’ contest upsets Eastside schools
- Family is reeling from loss of parents
- Police: Women left captor’s home twice in a decade
- Brace for more Mercer Mess
- Microsoft names Amy Hood as new chief financial officer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org