The Associated Press
BREMERTON – A dog-walker who smelled natural gas Friday morning might have saved a Bremerton woman’s life.
The man called Cascade Natural Gas and a utility worker found a high level of gas at a house and shut it off.
KIRO-FM reports there was enough gas inside the 73-year-old woman’s home to cause an explosion.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue treated the woman at the scene. Investigators found all four burners on her gas stove turned to high. She said she must have left them on accidentally after cleaning.