Do you eat Twinkies? You may have heard yesterday that Hostess Twinkies will be returning to a store near you July 15, and it got us to wondering: Did you miss them? Vote in our poll.
Two people were hurt in a fire at a Des Moines marina and a dozen boats were damaged or destroyed. The two injured people were working inside the boat where the fire began. No immediate word on their condition, but they were burned on the upper halves of their body.
The nanny who saved a 1-year-old child in a stroller from getting hit by a car Saturday surely has a story to tell. The nanny was able to push the stroller out of the way of an oncoming car. The baby is OK, but the nanny was injured. What quick thinking. What a story.
Say, did the M’s play yesterday? Oh, yeah, and they won thanks to a three-run homer by Kendrys Morales. What’s more, there were 22,813 people there to watch. All we can say is “Whoa!”
The Elliott Bay Book Co. celebrates its 40th anniversary this month. Times book editor Mary Ann Gwinn recounts how it all began.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she?
- Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind
- Yes, summer job paid tuition back in ’81, but then we got cheap | Danny Westneat
- Wildfire: Colo. town sees long evacuation
- A universe of self-expression at Fremont Solstice Parade
Memo light: Get Fuzzy | By Darby Conley
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org