KING 5 gets new owner: Belo, which owns KING 5, KONG TV and Northwest Cable News, has been purchased by Gannett for $1.5 billion.
Truck flipped on I-5: A FedEx truck went on its side north of Arlington around 5 a.m., closing all northbound lanes for an hour or so. The driver, who apparently fell asleep, suffered minor injuries. No other vehicles were involved. That whole thing could have been a lot worse if it had happened later in the morning.
Bellevue restaurant fire: The blaze did nearly a half-million dollars in damage early this morning to the Lil Jon restaurant. The fire was reported by a janitor about 1:40 a.m. today.
Weather: Only a small chance of showers today and tomorrow, but Saturday … mostly sunny and 74 degrees. Not too shabby.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Carroll responds to Harbaugh’s comments about Seahawks
- U.S. World Cup qualifier shows Seattle in its best soccer light | Jerry Brewer
- Feds charge ‘wolf’ lender in mortgage scheme
- Search halted for naked hiker on reported ‘spiritual quest’
- Men accused of pimping 2 runaway teens in Fife motel
Memo light: Dilbert | Scott Adams
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org