Sad news out of the Tri-Cities: A 15-year-old and his buddies were playing with a gun in Pasco several days ago when the gun went off, striking the boy in the head. Guns accidentally kill people. KNDO has the story.
Bad news for Pacific mayor, good news for opponents: Looks as though Pacific Mayor Cy Sun is out of a job following yesterday’s recall election. Things have been pretty much a mess down there for some time. Let’s see what happens now.
We’re predicting flip flops by Friday. Despite all the rain and some flooding in places overnight, it’s supposed to be relatively warmer today and more so tomorrow and by Friday, when the high temperature is expected to be in upper 70s with sunny skies. And we could reach the 80s by Sunday. Let’s hope that forecast is spot on. (Speaking of that flooding: Water seeps into Bellevue Square stores, Bellevue Park condos)
Fatal crash: There was a fatal crash on Highway 530 near Oso east of Arlington when a car slammed into a power pole early this morning.
The U.S. Supreme Court could rule today (or sometime this week) on California’s Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage and the federal Defense of Marriage Act, commonly referred to as DOMA.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Voting Rights Act ‘effectively gutted’ by high court, critics say
- She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she?
- Yes, summer job paid tuition back in ’81, but then we got cheap | Danny Westneat
- Pike Place Market plans focus on link to proposed waterfront park
- Putin: ‘Nyet’ to U.S. request to turn over Snowden
Memo light: Lola | By Todd Clark
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org