Life in the 80′s: If you like summertime temperatures that start with the digit “8,” you’re in the right place. The National Weather Service forecast for SeaTac shows highs in the 80s for five of the next six days (beginning with 83 today) and no rain in sight.
Beatlemania, a half-century later: Paul McCartney brings his “Out There!” tour to Safeco Field’s center field tonight in the stadium’s first major pop concert. The weather looks excellent (still in the high 70s at concert time) and we’re guessing that nostalgia won’t be the only thing wafting through the air.
Olympia landmark burns: The Oyster House, which calls itself itself the oldest seafood restaurant in the state, dating to 1924, was destroyed by fire overnight. KING5 has the story.
Get your Bite on: Need help figuring out how to tackle this weekend’s Bite of Seattle? Our features staff offers this list of 10 to-do’s.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Dental patients get $35M over unneeded root canals
- Ballooning food-stamp rolls highlight ideological divide
- Zimmerman verdict: Race played definite role | Jerry Large
- Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says he doesn’t expect to be ‘aggressive’ before trade deadline
- Safeco Field crew works 8 days a week to prepare for Sir Paul
Memo Light: Tundra | By Chad Carpenter