Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

July 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Kitchen fire damages Everett house

An Everett kitchen fire caused $100,000 damage to a house Thursday evening, according to the Everett Fire Department.

The fire originated in a stir-fry on the stove at a house in the 2700 block of Cedar Street around 6 p.m. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, but the smoke spread throughout the house.

The residents evacuated the house safely. Fire Department personnel are working to ensure alternate accommodations for the night.

0 Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: Everett

COMMENTS

READER NOTE: Our commenting system has changed. Find out more.

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.


Advertising
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►