EATONVILLE (AP) — Static electricity is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a hangar and two vintage airplanes in Eatonville.
The News Tribune reports the damage from Friday’s fire was estimated at about $340,000.
Eatonville Fire Chief Bob Hudspeth says a man was draining fuel from one of the two vintage airplanes he stored inside the hangar at Swanson Airport when a spark from static electricity ignited the fuel.
Flames spread from that plane to a second plane and then to two cars also stored in the hangar.
No one was hurt.