403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

August 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Firefighters: North Seattle house fire caused by overheated socket

UPDATE: 9:35 p.m. | The fire at a North Seattle house Tuesday night was determined to be accidental, caused by an overheated electrical socket, a fire department spokesman said.

A family was barbecuing in the backyard at the time saw smoke and fire coming from an attic that had been converted into a bedroom. Firefighters called to the scene extinguished the flame in about 15 minutes, said the spokesman, Kyle Moore.

The flame caused $30,000 in damage to the house and another $15,000 to its contents, Moore said, and the husband, wife and child who live there will spend the night with a relative who picked them up from the house.

ORIGINAL POST | Seattle firefighters extinguished and are now investigating a fire at a home at 13515 Densmore Avenue North in North Seattle Tuesday night. No one was harmed, according to a fire department tweet.

More details will be added as they become available.

Comments | More in General news, The Blotter | Topics: densmore avenue north, fire, North Seattle

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx