Not too old too speed: A 91-year-old Washington state man from Toppenish reached speeds of 80 miles an hour while being chased by troopers on a closed section of Interstate 84 in Oregon yesterday before spike strips shredded his tires and he came to a stop. It’s not clear what was going on, but at least no one was hurt.
Some rainstorm yesterday, eh? Thunder and lighting all over the place, some minor flooding and the rain caused part of a Kent warehouse roof to collapse.
The feds say they won’t challenge the state’s new marijuana law as long as we keep our noses clean and follow it to the letter. Are you glad the Department of Justice has taken this stance on the law? Vote in our poll.
Speaking of umbrellas, you probably won’t need one at Bumbershoot because there’s no rain in the forecast through Labor Day.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Husky Stadium: Opulent but tasteful | Larry Stone
- Seahawks vs. Raiders: Jobs at stake in exhibition finale
- Downtown crime shocks New Yorker | Danny Westneat
- N.J. woman spared prison in dog-in-trash chute case
- An inside look at massive, top-secret, U.S. spying budget
Memo light: | Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org