403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

August 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Gas fireplace causes explosion at fair, injures 2

The explosion at the Evergreen State Fair that injured two people Monday afternoon was caused by a gas fireplace, part of Monroe Fireplace and Stove’s vendor exhibit.

It blew up when gas collected inside and ignited as an employee was turning it, a Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman said.

The fireplace’s glass door shattered, injuring the man and a female coworker, said Bronlea Mishler, a Snohomish public-information officer.┬áThe man was taken to the hospital and the woman was treated by medics at the scene.┬áMishler and a Monroe Fireplace and Stove employee said both of the injured people are OK.

“As much as we don’t want this to happen, it went as well as it could have,” Mishler said.

No fair attendees were injured, and the vendor has been allowed to continue at its tent.

 

Comments

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx