Second arrest in beating death of veteran: Spokane police say they have arrested a second teenage suspect in the fatal beating of an 88-year-old World War II veteran. The 16-year-old was arrested early this morning. Police say the beating death of Delbert Belton was random.
Woman dies in crash on I-405: The accident occurred at Factoria before 5 a.m. when the woman hit a deer and her car was disabled in the middle of the road. A semi coming from behind then crashed into her car. She died at the scene.
Sounders win, Eddie Johnson scores the match’s only goal, Clint Dempsey debuts, more than 67,000 fans on hand: It doesn’t get much better than that.
A heads-up on measles: A youngster exposed to the illness in Europe may have exposed people to the disease at a University Way restaurant and an Oregon junior tennis tournament last week. Here are the details.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Ballmer’s biggest success was out of the spotlight | Brier Dudley
- Soaring rents force lifestyle changes
- New, improved Husky Stadium ready to shine
- Amazon alters strategy to win landmark CIA contract
- Here’s what the Seahawks’ final roster might look like
Memo light: Dilbert | By Scott Adams
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com