Fatal stabbing in Lynnwood: A 35-year-old man was stabbed to death in a fight about 1 a.m. today. The suspect took off on a bicycle, but was arrested several blocks away from the home where the stabbing took place.
The Amber Alert is still in effect up and down the West Coast, including our state, for the 16-year-old California girl and possibly her 8-year-old brother believed to have been abducted by a family friend.
Clint Dempsey looked pretty darn good in his first training session with the Sounders. Duh.
Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide: Now that marijuana is legal around here, some police officers are being trained to better spot and bust motorists driving impaired by alcohol, marijuana and other drugs. Stoned? Don’t drive.
Weather? Nice, in the 80s again today, but it’s supposed to cool off by the weekend. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Herb Alpert’s ‘Whipped Cream Lady’ now 76, living in Longview and looking back
- Steve Sarkisian puts himself on the line in handling of Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Kasen Williams | Jerry Brewer
- Former Microsoft manager charged with rape
- November showdown looms for Murray, McGinn
- Red Bryant eager to be Seahawks’ run stuffer
Memo light: Pearls Before Swine | By Stephan Pastis
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org