Hey, did you notice there was thunder and lightning last night? Ha! Some of the lightning was spectacular. It’s going to rain again this afternoon, but lightly, say forecasters, but things are going to get better tomorrow, as in partly sunny. Really. Sunday, too. The temperature tomorrow could hit 73 and on Sunday it could go to 76. Thank goodness.
How about the motorcyclist who survived the lightning strike? What a story. We’d love to have a talk with him, although he apparently doesn’t remember what happened.
Do you still have one of these? Reports continue to come in that say fewer and fewer people have landlines in their homes. How about you? Do you still have a landline? Vote in our poll. (Mobile users can find our poll here.)
One step forward, two steps back: Seattle schools struggling with new software
Washington woman dies after being hit by a light-rail train in Portland: The woman, Yvonne Osredkar, from Ridgefield, may not have heard the train coming because of construction noise. Ridgefield is in Clark County.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Owner of sushi bar fires back at comments from ‘bigot diners’
- Coming soon: 334 pot stores in Washington state
- Hero with a $20,000 heart: Walmart worker honored for returning cash left in cart
- Puget Sound area teeming with top running backs
- Seahawks’ ‘Legion of Boom’ personifies team’s mission | Larry Stone
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org