Seattle’s Amanda Knox faces yet another trial in the slaying of British roommate Meredith Kercher in Perugia, Italy, in 2007. The trial opened today. This time the case is being heard by an appeals court in Florence after Italy’s highest court ordered that evidence in the case be reexamined. Will you be following this trial? Vote in our poll. Mobile users can link to the poll here.
After a wet weekend, snow coming to the mountains: Lot of rainfall records were set over the weekend, and now there’s a forecast for 10-20 inches of snow in the mountains above 4,000 feet. Hello, autumn. Control yourselves, skiers.
“Happily unhip West Seattle”: If you haven’t read Susan Kelleher’s Pacific Magazine piece on this neighborhood that’s been part of Seattle for 106 years, here’s a link.
Record number of fish: Now here’s a headline you like to read: Fall chinook swimming up Columbia River set record
And here’s something you don’t like to see: Former Husky Jake Locker suffers hip injury, hospitalized
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Chinese doctor grows new nose on man’s forehead
- Late interception helps Seahawks beat Texans in overtime, 23-20
- Undefeated Washington routs Arizona, 31-13
- For Seahawks, a statement game with slightly deeper meaning | Jerry Brewer
- Happily unhip West Seattle attracts a new crowd
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com